Wednesday 24 January 2018

Final changes to ancillaries

My audience feedback was extremley positive but gave me many things to think about for improvements. Though I have evaluated my ancillaries I decided to create final tweaks to my digipak and magazine advert to illustrate my final pieces in my blog. The changes I made are explained below. Though I did not develop the ancillaries according to new designs, I fine tuned them to have complete, professional ancillary texts which pair with my music video to create my final, professional , industry style marketing package.

- Improving shadows on photographs - I utilised photoshop tools like 'layers' to lighten shadows on the images of The 1975 'Frontman' found on my magazine and digipak. This allowed me to elevate the star image in the final piece.  Below is an industry example of portraiture used with no shadows visible :




- Creating an industry style photoshop edit of my photographs - I used the blurr tool on photoshop to create an 'even' base for my frontman. As many magazine adverts and digipaks are manipulated to 'perfect' the star image I decided to focus on the visuals of my portraiture photographs. Though the industry is known for editing images to create 'perfect' visages, I decided to keep a somewhat natural visage with some 'imperfections' still slightly visible as THE 1975 brand relies on being true to yourself with transparency between fans and the band. An example of industry standard, 'perfect' visage is below :


- Ensuring my design and all text stands out for commercial use - I used the Gaussian Blur tool on photoshop to ensure my fonts and titles would be able to standout among other magazines and albums on commercial shelves and websites. I also made sure my image had a lower brightness to create a darker background for the white font of my title. Below is an example of an industry standard text with background :


THESE CHANGES MADE TO MY OWN PRODUCTS ARE FOUND IN THE FOLLOWING POST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note to examiner

Dear Examiner,  I hope you enjoy delving into my blog to witness the development of my project and the progression of my skills throughou...