Tuesday 19 September 2017

Camera movement shots - Practice

We have began filming over the past week and started to look at camera movement, these practice shots will be completed  during lesson time before we complete our main filming sessions over the following fortnight. This activity also allowed us to work on editing, pacing and equiptment practice. As we have not utilised a stabiliser or rig before we thought this would be the prime time to test our skills and knowledge. After this activity we feel more equpit to film our music video and will be using all appropriate skills developed in this task. 



We tested this video on our target audience in a focus group setting and found the following :

Ben
' I like the close-up shots and different angles in this, the movements were cool but I would like to see more variation and use of camera settings. '

Emily
' The handheld shots appealed to me and I loved the pans with close-up that worked really well, I would like this maybe for detailed shots in the music video. '

James
' Overall, it worked well but some shots were boring. So many angles and the speed wasn't consitent. I would work on some areas but the location was interesting.'

Ellie
' Personally, I like the use of movement in the shots and some static ones too. I agree with Ben that maybe some camera settings would be nice but it was great. '


From this we have decided to work on camera settings and maybe look into more shot variation. The close-up success has been consdiered and made us revise our original shot plan. This activity gave us a positive boost and makes us want to experiment more with our new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note to examiner

Dear Examiner,  I hope you enjoy delving into my blog to witness the development of my project and the progression of my skills throughou...